This week’s WCK Creative Journal is dedicated to “The Incredible Egg.” With Easter right around the corner and a tub full of plastic egg left from last years egg hunt, I thought of what clever way could I change these eggs into something wonderful? It came to me “I will transform them into mini works of art!”
It is as easy as 1. 2.. 3…
- Plastic eggs
- White primer spray paint
- Foster: doll pin stands
- Cardboard box
- Sharpie Permanent Markers: Ultra Fine Black, Metallic Silver, Limited Edition Caribbean Set, Fine Point Multi Color Set http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Home/default.html
- The Art Institute of Glitter: Lemon, Key Lime, Sea Shell, Shiny Silver, Royale http://www.artglitter.com/
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Tacky Glue
- Extras: googly eyes, faux assortment rhinestones
1) Open eggs and place in box along with doll stands, spray primer paint outside, let dry, do second coat
2) Lightly draw image with pencil, color in spaces, erase lines, outline with ultra fine black marker
From the Sea
(Sharpie Limited Edition: Caribbean Colors)
3) Add a border of colors, outline with fine black maker, add details, apply glue with paint brush to open areas, sprinkle glitter, tap off excess (use dry brush to remove glitter as well), sit egg on doll stand to display!
More of Ana’s Sharpie Mini Works of Egg Art:
Note: This egg did not have primer paint, the marker may scratch off or smear while applying.
Bunnies and Tulips
Trace the bunny head, tulip and leaves from Craft Pouch Easter Egg Add-Ons PDF
Personalized Little Lamb Egg
Googly Eyed Frog Prince
Now it’s up to you to create your own Mini Works of Egg Art!
Have fun and doddle away,